Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campaign to bring back the PacMan Smilie starts here!!

Options
  • 11-03-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

To: Admin

We, the undersigned, miss the yellow, pill munching freak that had become part of Boards culture. Unless Admin intend on replacing him with a naked dancing girl smilie we demand his return or we'll flood all forums with:

"Star Trek: Which generation is better??" threads

tb_treki.jpg

Thank you for your co-operation

;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I cried myself to sleep last night...

Pacman Smilie FTW.smiliepacman.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mega-v101.gif

pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

He's backwards! You sadistic bastard! Put him back in his rightful place!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

i didnt even realise he was gone but yeah bring him back!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The next generation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I do wonder about the wisdom of blackmailing the Admins...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

pacmanghost9sf.gif

Add a QBert emoticon (The emoticon for every sucky-uppy occasions)

......pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? I'll be yore bestest friend!!!!1!!
    qbert7jg.gif

No?! Well...
    qbert29hj.gif
    You!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

pacman.png
    Pacman ftw
    Timbuk2
    c/o boards.ie
    Ireland
    11-3-2006
    Admin
    boards.ie
    World Wide Web
    The World

Re: Pacman Smiley

Dear Admin,
    Could we please have our pacman smiley back. It was good for expressing... emotions and also good to use for the letter E!

If the pacman smiley is gone any longer, people will just start using their big ones in place of it, therefore pissing off the boards.ie staff.

So, what do you say?
    I have enclosed a piece of paper that says PLEASE on it 267 times.

Yours faithfully,
    Timbuk2

Encl. 1

Business Letter ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If the pacman smiley is gone any longer, people will just start using their big ones in place of it, therefore pissing off the boards.ie staff.

I'd go for the old "Star Trek Militant Campaign myself" Seriously you don't want to mess with the Mods or Admins. They have powers and are truly not to be messed with. They once made me cry :eek: and then smodded me. :D Heck I'd settle for enabling imaging in After Hours then we could serve ourselves to whatever sort of silliness we want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

wetpisskid wrote:
    Seriously you don't want to mess with the Mods or Admins. They have the Power of Love and are not to be messed with. I once cried when they smolested me. That was during the time when they enabled images in After Hours and we all sat around looking at them and had all sorts of silliness

Fascinating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

So why was the pacman smiley removed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

:v:

It's just not the same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Frankly, the Pacman smiley was phenominally usefull, and I for one loved it. Even moreso than the brief time that we had the Viking smiley that I convinced regi to impliment. Those were good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

So why was the pacman smiley removed :confused:

And why is there not more smilies on Ireland's biggest internet forum? The option is there for users to see or not see them AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

And why is there not more smilies on Ireland's biggest internet forum? The option is there for users to see or not see them AFAIK.

I like that there are only a select few smilies, they cover most expressions in a round-about way. I hate those forums with dozens of little smilies, stupid animated ones ect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Even moreso than the brief time that we had the Viking smiley that I convinced regi to impliment. Those were good times.

*sniffle*

I loveded the little Viking smiley.

I loveded him good.

Sarky wrote:
    *sniffle*

I loveded the little Viking smiley.

I loveded him good.

Sniffle indeed. :(

I loved that little Viking smiley too, but the loss of the pacman smiley just makes things all the worse. It is a sad day in smiley town. Infact, the mayor has just petitioned that the name be changed to frowney town for the time-being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm still don't understand why or how it was removed in the first place. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I'm still don't understand why or how it was removed in the first place. :confused:

And why there's never any answer from Admins - on anything really - in Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

smiliepacman.gif

ftw

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno why or how its gone. I've no objection to it. I'll look into it.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And why there's never any answer from Admins - on anything really - in Feedback
    we don't have a lot of time. We spend what time we have on keeping the lights on and dealing with important issues as much as we can. Whinges, moans, moronic suggestions and useless blather don't get a response from us in general. We figure if we don't respond, the message gets delivered anyway.

And I spend about 2 hours a day on Feedback generally.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Excellent! Any chance we can get the viking smiley back again too? Pweese?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DeVore wrote:

DeV.
    Your posts are on fire today! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

So, seeing as my own request was deemed unreasonable, hwo about all these ^^^

Also, emot-v.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Bring back teh pac! Be warned, if our demands are not met, a revolution could start. Huge Pac-like sigs will appear, and the SigPo will deem them necessary!

Bring back teh pac!11!!!eleventyone!!!1 emot-v.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Like these?

pacman-1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

YES!

emot-v.gif

Advertisement